Doctrine and Beliefs
Our church is “Presbyterian” in government, meaning we have elders who shepherd and care for the congregation. We are “Reformed” in doctrine, meaning we hold to a biblical view of Scripture and salvation. We confess the historic Christian faith as expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith with its Larger and Shorter Catechisms and the Apostles’ & Nicene Creeds. These documents summarize what the Bible teaches about:
- The inspiration and authority of God’s Word.
- The glory of the One Eternal God, who exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The sinfulness of mankind.
- The saving work of Jesus Christ.
- The great need of God’s grace and mercy.
- True faith and repentance for salvation.
- The place of the Ten Commandments as the rule of our duty and love to God and each other.
- Judgement and eternal life.